Please read the following requirements carefully prior to your Firearm Safety Qualification (Long-arms) Course.
Legal requirements and identification
If you are unable to meet any of these requirements, you will NOT be permitted to partake in the program on the day and you will forfeit your full fee.
- Only persons 12 years of age or older are able to participate in the Firearm Safety Qualification (Long-arms) Course Program.
- You MUST complete and meet all requirements of the NSW Police P650 declaration on arrival.
- Pursuant to the Firearms Regulation 2006, you MUST bring the original proof of ID document, and it must be an acceptable form of photo ID (e.g. passport) to support your P650 declaration. The photo ID must be the same type as what is on your P650 declaration.
- All minors (persons aged between 12-17 inclusive) MUST be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian (as deemed by the court). The P650 Declaration must be completed by the minor and signed by the minor (Sections A, B & D). The minor's parent or legal guardian MUST sign the NSW Police P650 declaration (and thus consent to the minor possessing or using a firearm; Section C). The minor's parent or legal guardian MUST bring an acceptable form of photo ID (e.g. passport) along with:
- the minor's birth certificate OR passport
- AND the minor's current medicare card.
- If you are from overseas, you MUST bring your passport. No other identification, with a photo or not, can be accepted.
- Range Officer’s decision is final. No refund and no transfers can be provided.
- If you have not met the legal requirements (above) before the start time of the Firearm Safety Qualification (Long-arms) Course, you will not be permitted to participate.
Dress and behavioural codes
- Alcohol is prohibited. Additionally, please do NOT consume prohibited drugs or medication that will impede your judgement before shooting. Participants will NOT be allowed to shoot if they are under the influence of alcohol, prohibited drugs or medication that impedes judgement. Alcohol/drugs/medication and shooting don't mix!
- Secure footwear MUST be worn (no bare feet, thongs or sandals allowed).
- Low cut apparel must NOT be worn.
Range Rules and General Rules
For full Range Rules and General Rules, please visit shootingcentre.nsw.gov.au/rangerules
Payment, cancellations, transfers and refunds
- Registration and full payment are required to confirm your place and must be received prior to the program commencement. A receipt confirming the details of your booking will be issued via email after your registration. Once payment has been processed by the Office of Sport, an additional receipt will be emailed to confirm your payment has been accepted.
- Bookings that fail to comply with participation requirements and conditions on arrival will forfeit the full booking fee.
- All refunds are subject to an administration fee of $25. The remaining balance will be refunded by cheque or credit card reversal.
- All transfers are subject to an administration fee of $25. The remaining balance will be credited to the person who made the initial payment.
- Refunds will not be given for partial or no attendance, nor will make up lessons be provided. Please ensure you arrive on time to your scheduled program to avoid forfeiting your fee.
- Cancellations must be made with no less than two business days’ notice to be eligible for a refund. Cancellations must be received in writing (email email@example.com).
- You may transfer to another scheduled Try Shooting Program with more than 5 days notice at no additional fee. Only two transfers are permitted per person; any additional transfers will result in forfeiting your fees and full payment will be required to book into another session. Transfers within 5 days of the Program incur a $25 administration fee. Alternatively a substitute may attend in your place. In extenuating circumstances or if the cancelled booking has been filled by another participant, the Sydney International Shooting Centre Manager, may in his/her sole discretion, agree to reduce or waive the cancellation fee.
- Gift vouchers must be used before their expiry date and cannot be extended or refunded.
- The Sydney International Shooting Centre reserves the right to cancel a program/s. Every effort will be made to give reasonable notice to those who have enrolled when a program is cancelled. Those enrolled will be given a full refund.
- Note: Prices and other program details quoted on this site are current as at the date of publication (errors and omissions excepted). Prices may vary without notice. Sydney International Shooting Centre reserves the right to cancel or alter its programs without notice. Every effort will be made to give notice or find alternative programs for customers who have booked and paid. Please contact us on (02) 8782 0100 if you have any questions.